Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Little Bit 'o Faith

Have you seen my Zen?  I lost it. I had it, like, two weeks ago.  I was floating through my days, happy as a clam, feeling strong and well-fueled and smug about how nicely my little life was going, and then....it was gone.

Well, some of it remained.  Just enough to remind me that the rest wasn't there.  LOL  And then, I got an email from a friend who was going through the same thing.  She's been on a quest to get in shape for a while,but hasn't yet hit that spot where enough things are going well that she's motivated to keep it up.  You know what I mean: that mental zone where you actually look forward to plyometrics because you can see the physical results of doing them, and you feel so much better from fueling yourself with good food, and you're getting proper rest and everything is just great. 

Instead, she was in "why-haven't-I-lost-weight-I've-been-doing-this-for-three-days," mode.  We've all been there. Our instant-gratification lifestyle has programmed us to believe that weightloss can and should be as quick and easy as downing a protein shake.  So it's hard to be patient while we wait for our hard work to reveal itself in results, and it is hard to have faith that the zen will happen.  But it will.  It takes patience and faith, but if you are putting in the hard work, it will happen.

I promise.

Okay I'll be honest - I don't know if I will ever look forward to plyometrics. But I do know that whenever I am consistent with clean eating and regular, disciplined, challenging workouts...in this euphoric natural-high state of happiness just finds me.  And it is sooooo worth the wait.

Have a little faith. It's happening right now.

No comments: