Monday, July 5, 2010

Ice cream, cheesecake, and beer, oh my!

Let's just get one thing straight: I was not "good" on my vacation.  I drank wine, beer, and frozen concoctions without looking at nutritional information. I ate in restaurants and shared a chocolate volcano cake with my son. My cousin made these evil peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake bites dipped in chocolate and I ate like eleventy billion of them. 

But it's cool.

Trust me, it was a hassle. Fitday doesn't have an option to just enter, "I don't want to know," for your daily calories and nutrition. Oh no, I painstakingly relived each bite as I accounted for it in my food log, but I did it so I can get to work and back on track now that "vacation" is over.  I wore my GoWearFit and monitored my burn each day, which was a lot since I compensated for a lot of my calories with daily runs, cross-city treks, visits to the park, and even a community 5k.  I know I will be bringing a little extra baggage home with me, but it's so nice to know I have a plan to get rid of it soon.  Cardio, and lots of it!

Eh. I'm back to reality today, and seriously craving some rabbit food.  Vacation was fun, but I'm ready for a vacation from vacation food! :)

Good day!

No comments: