Monday, July 19, 2010

Itching for a Fight

Today I am overwhelmed by a feeling of pure angst...these lazy bones have been kept in captivity too long and I am itching for a fight!  A fight to the finish, that is.  I've been training, but more in a maintenance-happy zone-I'm a healthy person kind of way.  And I am bored, frustrated, and getting pretty cranky about it.

It's hard to stay super-fit when you're surrounded by other obligations clamoring for attention.  But now that my work travel, vacation, and other distractions are behind me I can turn my focus back to refining my level of fitness to one that I can have a little more respect for.

So.  Solutions?  Well, it just so happens I have several lined up:

Immediately through August: kick training back into high gear for 1/2 marathon, triathlon, and tri-fit.  That means more interval running, Plyometric Wednesdays, and swimming workouts.

September: planning another sprint triathlon with my brother, sister, brother in a law, and husband unless they wimp out on me.  

October: half marathon with my sister (and anyone else I can conjure up).

November: Tri-Fit Ultimate Fitness Challenge and local Turkey Trot 10k

How about you?  What are you doing in the next few months to get yourself into tip-top shape?  I'll see you at the starting line!

Good day!

No comments: