Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Why to weigh your food

I stumbled upon this video yesterday and it was the perfect reminder for why to weigh your food...on a digital food scale...in grams. 

Now, the grams thing is just me being a freak, but the digital thing is for real.  Seriously, people, we all know our eyes play tricks on us when we think we are having a serving of something and it turns out we just ate double what we thought.  When I started weighing everything in grams, it took about 24 hours to realize I had been eating about 300 calories more a day than I thought.

Take time today to consider whether you are recording your food accurately.  Remember, studies show that keeping a food log is a key success factor to weight loss and maintenance...but only if it is what you actually ate!

Good day!

No comments: