Friday, July 9, 2010

Workout With the Stars

Yeah so I know it's not exactly scientific to base a workout on my horoscope, but lately my little phone-app-star reading has pretty much adopted the role of my personal trainer. 

Staying fit and training on the road is really hard; it takes a special kind of motivation and drive that can wane as schedules get messed up, sleep is erratic, and meals are more often eaten in restaurants than in my healthy and well-calibrated kitchen.  So when I woke up to my alarm yesterday at 5:00 am ready for a workout in the hotel gym and then woke up again two and a half hours later, I had to chuckle when I opened my phone mid-day and read my horoscope:

"...you are over-worked and under-rested. You can't go on at breakneck pace. Be kind to yourself... Rest up and rejuvenate your spirit, your body, and your outlook."

Okay, check.

This morning, when the alarm went off at 5:00 am I reached for my phone to turn it off and on a whim, decided to read my horoscope and see what training advice it had for me today.  I was delighted:

"Start the day early and catch up with as much as possible. Once you are back on track you will experience a huge relief and renewed enthusiasm..."

My little psychic friend knows me so well.  As much as I can take this sort of "advice" seriously, this little message was just what I needed to press "restart" on my workout and start getting my groove back.  It felt good to sweat again.

But I am soooooooo glad today was my last hotel workout for a while! 

Good day!

No comments: