Friday, November 19, 2010

Underdog? Think again, sucka!

There are these two guys I see running when I am on my way home from work. They are pretty young, maybe college-aged, and they are obviously training for something.  One seems to be the more experienced and athletic of the two, and the other looks like his protege: a little slower, a little less conditioned, a little less athletic.  Anyway, they run down the road and I watch them from my car like some kind of freaky workout stalker. 

Well I saw them again last night, and wow!  The teacher has become the student, my friends.  That little guy who a few weeks ago was struggling to keep up with his buff buddy was like a different runner. It's clear he has been putting in the work, and it showed.  I wanted to roll down my window and cheer him on, but I thought that might be a little weird.  So I cheered for him in my car - woo hoo little runner guy, go on with your bad self.

I love to cheer for the underdog.  Heck I love to cheer for anyone out there working hard to do something!  My football enthusiast friends laugh at me for my practice of rooting for both teams in a game - I just love seeing people accomplish what they work for.  So it made me really happy to see that guy kicking ass on that run. He was LOVING it, too.  He was like a dog with its head sticking out of a car window:

"THIS IS FREAKIN' AWESOME!"

I hope you have a freakin' awesome workout this weekend, the kind that makes whoever has been secretly watching you from their car really, really proud.

Good day!

No comments: