Thursday, November 11, 2010

Back with a VENGEANCE

So.


I went and did my body fat % last night.  


Uh huh. Yep. 


Yes indeedy, I have me some data.


*meaningful pause*


It's cool, man. It's fine. I'm totally fine.  Totally and completely fine. I'm so fine that we don't even need to talk about it.


Instead, we're gonna talk goals.  Specifically, my goal of getting my body fat percentage BACK down the 2.5% that it rose in the six months since I had it tested.  You know, the six months that I spent living in the world of "everything in moderation."  Like I said last week or whenever it was that I wrote this about going back to being diabolical, I had a feeling that moderation thing wasn't working for me.  And I don't want to rub it in or anything, but I was soooooo right.


And now that I have cold hard facts to back up that gut (pun intended) feeling, I am really glad that I have already spent every day since that post completely focused on getting back in shape.  I'm putting my little smiley face stickers on my calendar, kicking up the intensity of my workouts, and thank the Lord I am done traveling for a while.  Those are all great springboards for getting back to my happy zone.


So while I wasn't uber-pumped to have that reality check last night, I am uber-pumped about what I have already done to take away some of reality's bite.  My goals for the past few months have been about accomplishing tasks: a triathlon, a half-marathon, regularly running 10 miles at a stretch at least once a week.  I've done those things.  Now, my goal is about accomplishing a physical state of being.  


A completely different type of discipline.


A completely different type of benchmarking.


A completely different type of sense of achievement.


Wow, that sounds like a lot of hard work.  Good thing I have a head start!  :)

3 comments:

David said...

Sooooooooo not fair.

You can't tease us with factual data and then not provide that to your readers ... who wait on pins and needles for every ounce of information we can extract from your fit little body!

Hmmm.... if your show me yours, I'll show you mine!

Healthy Heather said...

Oh no! You are tough! Okay, I'll post it this weekend. *grumble grumble* BRING IT DAVID!!!

'Drea said...

I need to kick up the intensity of my workouts too. Thanks for the reminder.