Monday, November 22, 2010

Turkey Day Tip Numero Uno

This is one of those weeks when I am not very popular.  The nutritional finger-wagging routine doesn't have many fans in a week that has an entire day dedicated to eating.  I'm not sure that it really has many fans in a normal week, either, but I do it anyway. 

BUT!  I would be a completely useless Healthy Heather if I did not implore you to remember that you CAN celebrate Thanksgiving without taking a step back in your fitness goals.  It's what I do.  If I didn't say this, I honestly would not be able to sleep at night.  Well eventually I would but it would not be quality sleep and I value my sleep so listen up! 

I am only going to say this 15 million times between now and the end of the year.

Check out this Thanksgiving Meal Calories Calculator to give yourself an idea of what you're looking at...and then decide how much of your hard work you're willing to throw away.

Tomorrow, making a Turkey Day Survival Plan.  For the calories, just so we're clear. I can't do anything about your family.

Good day! :)

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Apparently, the "original" days of Thanksgiving were dedicated to fasting and meditation.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2007/11/18/the_opposite_of_thanksgiving/

...food for thought, if you'll pardon the pun.

However you choose to celebrate, Happy Thanksgiving!

Healthy Heather said...

reaaaaalllly? Interesting! Very, very interesting! I am so going to capitalize on that!

'Drea said...

I look all the time. When I see how long it takes to burn calories, I'm much more selective about my food choices.

Thanks for the reminder because I might get weak at the knees on Thursday.

Healthy Heather said...

'Drea, I hear you. It can be staggering how quickly we can undo all of our hard work. Desserts IS stressed spelled backwards, after all. :)