Sunday, October 31, 2010

Big Day for the Healthy Types

What a witch! 
I always feel like the biggest hypocrite on Halloween because I preach all day about NOT eating candy and sugar and stuff for fun, and then I go and pass it out to children.  I really do wrestle with that; I know its just moderation and candy can be part of a healthy life, but still, it bugs me.


That being said, I did actually buy candy this year.  In the past I have had a hard time putting it in my buggy, but the BOGO at the grocery store helped ease that pain this year.  A few moments ago I pulled it out of the pantry to bring to our friends' house tonight for trick or treating and one of the bags was open.  I turned to my husband and asked, with incredulity, "did you open the Halloween candy early?"  His hands flew to his face in mock fear and he replied, 


"We must have rats!"


Okay, so here's the thing - if you're one of those people for whom one piece of candy is the trigger on the sugar machine that turns you into a depraved lunatic looking for a fix, DON'T EAT CANDY TODAY.  Y'all, it is just not worth it.


But, if you're one of those people who truly can have just one or a few pieces of candy and walk away, choose wisely and enjoy.  You're one of the lucky ones.


And then get your butt up tomorrow morning and get back on the healthy track.  The holidays have started, and they will be a lot more fun in a fit, functional, active body that isn't weighed down, literally and figuratively, by sugar.


Happy Halloween!  Be safe, have fun, and most of all BE HEALTHY!



No comments: