Friday, October 8, 2010

Pre-Stretch Prayers

So.

The half-marathon is on Sunday, I haven't run since Wednesday, and I've had a head cold since Monday.  The way I see it, one of three things could happen during the race:

1. I will be completely well and take off like a shot after resting for so long and finish the race faster than my predicted 2.5 hours.

2. I will battle chest congestion and coughing for 13 painful and miserable hours and then proceed to be a martyr about it all day.

3. I will suck it up and run regardless, walk if I have to, and have a great time because its my first half marathon, dammit, and I am going to enjoy it!

I am voting for number three if you can't tell.  Honestly, I hope the congestion clears out before Sunday because running sick is really not fun (or safe if you're really sick, so don't do it) and I don't want to be so sick that I actually have to bail.  But I'm optimistic - there are two long days between now and then, plenty of time to rest, get on the mend, and show up ready to run.

I've packed my bag and in a completely uncharacteristic move, I didn't pack 50 gazillion options for clothing.  I packed running pants, a sports bra, a tank top, and socks.  Done.  Oh, and my shoes of course.  :)  I'm trying to keep it simple and avoid stressing myself out with fashion, a decision I am sure to regret once I see the pictures. LOL

And a cap. I need a cap. I ALWAYS need a cap! I think my first half warrants buying a new one, eh?  Yes, I agree.

So!  I'm off!  I can't wait to report how it goes and stick one of those annoying 13.1 bumper stickers to my car!  See ya real soon!

Good day!

No comments: