Friday, August 13, 2010

Tri-Fit Friday: Meet Nicole!

It's Tri-Fit Friday!  That means I am focusing on another athlete from the Ultimate Fitness Challenge that inspires me in some way.  This week it is Nicole Rae Spitzack - athlete, fitness model, personal trainer, mom, and all-around nice person. 

Nicole Rae Spitzak.
FYI: This is not part of the Tri-Fitness Obstacle Course.
Nicole trains her clients in her kick-ass garage, sets up obstacles in her yard, and has what looks in pictures like a really dedicated and tight-knit training group.  I admire that, and I try to channel that can-do spirit in my own workouts.  I asked Nicole what drew her to this unique sport.

WWOP: How did you first learn about tri-Fitness?
Nicole: I saw it in Oxygen magazine and was immediately drawn to it. At the time I was a stay at home mom and military wife looking for something to dive into.  I came in contact with a girl in my area that had competed in the competition once before and she was very helpful. The more I researched the organization and started talking with other former competitors the more I realized this was what I wanted to do.

WWOP: Did you have a sports background?  Have you always been athletic?
Nicole: I played basketball in middle school and managed a soccer team in high school. I was very awkward as a student and def more of a book worm than an athlete.  I regret that I didnt get involved more in gymnastics ...that would really come in handy now! lol... I have ZERO athletic background. No gymnastics, dance, track, sports, cheerleading, etc. 

WWOP: So how did you end up in fitness modeling?
Nicole: I started fitness modeling three years ago with Con-Cret Creatine and that really opened a lot of doors for me. Then I started working expos and fitness conventions and meeting different people, networking, and making connections. I landed a gig with Power Systems Fitness Equipment two years ago and that has been really great!

WWOP: Describe a typical training day for you.
Nicole: I wake up every morning at 6 am ...whether I want to or not. I have an internal alarm clock that keeps me running. I get my workout done by 7 am and have breakfast by 7:15. I have my own gym and start training clients around 8 am thru 5 pm on most days. I workout with my husband when he gets home around 6 pm and have dinner by 7pm. Fitness hasn't always been such a huge part of my life, but I am so blessed to be able to say that I turly love what I do and there is never a bad day at work. My daughter is home with me and encouraging clients everyday in the gym! Its so awesome to see her interest in health and nutrition already at the age of 4. I workout 5 days a week with one day of outdoor activity (mow lawn, yard work, etc.) and have one day of rest.


WWOP: Okay, we all know tri-fit is awesome but what is your favorite thing?
Nicole: Definitely has to be the tri-fit "family." Al Rosen is amazing. He is so passionate about Tri Fit...I have never met anyone like him before. His fiance Bernadette couldn't be any sweeter and more genuine. Everyone is all about helping everyone! No matter who you are, where you are from, or what your capabilities are every person involved in Tri Fit is right there pushing you beyond your limits. Al has trained thousands of people on that course, but ask him what your first time was and he will be able to tell you. He sees everyones strengths and weaknesses and does everything he can to help you overcome any obstacle.


WWOP: What message would you send to someone reading this wondering if she should give tri-fit a shot?
Nicole: If I can do this ...you can do this! Never sell yourself short, never doubt your abilities or capibilities, keep pushing forward, and don't be afraid to try new things and make new friends! Right now you may be looking to be inspired .... but one day you could be the inspiration that someone else is leaning on.

Thanks Nicole!  I have to say, she is 100% right about all of that - tri-fit is one of the most supportive and encouraging fitness environments I have ever been in, and as a non-athlete, that is saying a lot.  I am motivated each and every day by seeing her workouts and experiencing the enthusiasm she has for fitness.  Thanks for being such an inspiration.  By the way, you can join her Facebook fan page and get all of that motivational goodness, too!

It just so happens that a tri-fit training camp is coming up in a few weeks in Tampa.  Check it out here (the link is to the right of the page) and consider challenging yourself by attending.  You will not regret it.

Have a great, active weekend!

Good day! :)

No comments: