Saturday, August 14, 2010

Four Surprising Reasons Why You're Not Fat

Everyone wants to know why we're fat.  Why are we so fat???  More people are (claiming to be) exercising than years prior, more food manufacturers are coming clean about food quality, and education abounds on how to decifer food labels and know what we're eating. 

But we're still fat.  So we click on links to articles like the one I read today: 4 Surprising Reasons Women Can't Lose Weight.  We want to know, because we're stumped.

So we read the article and discover that again, it's not our fault.  It's our body's fault!  It went and got a lazy thyroid!  Its in menopause.  It's allergic to something.  It's our medication.

And it might be.  I don't know you.  You might have all of that stuff.

But I am willing to bet that most of us don't.  Most of us are just not putting in the real effort that it takes to maintain or lose weight: clean, healthy eating and regular, vigorous exercise.

I had my thyroid tested.  I checked my hormones, did selective food exclusions, got on and off meds...all because I was convinced that there must be something other than my own actions and decisions standing between me and wellness.

There wasn't.  It was my own actions and decisions.  When I stopped looking for excuses and started acting on reality - the reality that most people have perfectly functioning metabolisms and just need to read the instruction manual - my "medical" problems disappeared.

Give reality a try today!  Make better choices!  Take better action!

You might be surprised.

No comments: