Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fingers Crossed for Fall

Not me, just so we're clear.
I don't want to jinx anything, but this morning when I opened my door to head out for my boxing workout, it didn't feel like a sauna. 

That was weird.  Really weird.

It felt...nice.  Almost cool.  Okay, cool for a southerner.

And then when I dropped my son off at school, it was breezy.  I wasn't sweating.  It is August, right?

I am hoping against hope that fall is on the way.  Running inside on a treadmill is messing with my head, man, and I can't wait for some lower temperatures to coax me out onto the pavement.  That back-to-school feeling is in the air and I for one am ready to start seeing some jack-o-lanterns on my morning run.

And, I am hoping for nice, non-humid, weather for my friend Edie, who is competing in her first triathlon this weekend!  GO GIRL!  You are going to be great!

Fingers crossed for fall!  I'm guessing this is just a tease on Mother Nature's part, but I'll take it.

What's your favorite outdoor workout for cooler weather?

No comments: