Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy Birthday to MEEEEEE!

Today is my birthday - woot - so it's my own personal New Year's Day.  I always make new goals and resolutions on my birthday and consider it a clean-slate kind of day.  And, I always try to get the new year started off right with a positive, challenging, and fun workout.  Today, that meant getting up early for some Sparatacus training, then elliptical and trash TV (today it was, "You're Cut Off," on VH1), and then a GetFitPod high-intensity interval training workout on the treadmill at the gym.  Then my wonderful trainer and I did some back, triceps, hamstrings, and calves, including a really fun hamstring exercise I had never done before, which was a fun way to kick off the new year.

But the coolest part about my bday this year is that I don't really feel like there is anything to clean off the slate.  Life is good right now, and I want to keep all of the scribbles and partially-erased parts and little pictures drawn all over the slate that is my little world, and just take today to reflect on all of it and what may be ahead for me.  So thanks to everyone out there who has made this such a wonderful year!  And to answer everyone's question,   NO, I AM NOT EATING CAKE TODAY! :)



2 comments:

Jen said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like you started off right and are enjoying your day!

Healthy_Heather said...

Thanks guys! :)