Friday, December 24, 2010

The Truth About Your Body

There is no good time to tell you this, but I think you should know something:

Your body doesn't care about the holidays. It doesn't even know it's supposed to be on hiatus until January, much less care.

It doesn't process calories, fat, or sugar any differently because it's Christmastime. It just keeps plugging away.

"Hi ho hi ho, it's off to work I go...taking in all of these yummy goodies and...oooh, eggnog!...why is she eating all of this junk anyway? Whatever, I don't get paid to ask questions, no time to think, just gotta keep processing this food 'cause that's what I do and wow there sure is a lot of it..."

I imagine the above being said in a sing-song voice similar to the ones on the Mighty Machine DVDs that apply human voices to garbage trucks and construction vehicles.  I've watched a lot of Mighty Machines so the voices are pretty much drilled into my brain forever.

Anyway, your body isn't on vacation - it's still open for business.  So even if you've pressed pause on your wellness until next week, your body hasn't.  Sooooo......yeah.  Sorry 'bout that.

I'm glad we had this little talk. :)

I'd also like to get all warm and fuzzy with you (I know, what?!) and say thanks for your readership. I love writing in this blog and knowing that you read it and maybe even glean some value from it makes me merry and bright.  I hope you have a wonderful wonderful wonderful holiday filled with wonderfulness. 

Now snap out of it and get back to being healthy and stuff!  Trust me, you'll love it!

No comments: