Tuesday, September 28, 2010

That Darn Reality

*sigh*

Okay it's time for me to face reality: in three weeks I am going up north, where I will not be able to get away with wearing my usual uniform of baggy men's shorts and t-shirt, and will be required to actually fit into a pair of pants that I wore last winter.

I'd be lying if I said that didn't terrify me just a tad.  Yeah....its been a long summer and I have landed at the end of it with five or six extra pounds around my middle that need to make like a tree and get outta here.  Yeah yeah, poor me, six pounds, wah wah.  But you know six pounds can make a big difference on a shorty like me!  So I'm sucking it up and facing the reality of what I need to do to make everything right again:

Stop eating so dang much.

Even healthy food has calories, friends!  When I sat down to evaluate my current nutrition, there wasn't much I felt needed to change. I have a pretty darn awesome diet!  It's just a little closer to the maintenance end of my calorie range too many days out of the week for my brown corduroy pants to be a viable option for fall.  I've become one of those people who eat at a deficit all week long, and then make up the difference on the weekend, coming out at maintenance.  And most of that time that's fine. 

Until I try on my winter pants. 

Then it is not fine.  Then it is soooooo not fine.

So!  Six pounds! Bye-bye! And.....we're off!


Good day!

No comments: