Friday, September 3, 2010

*ahem* It's time for FOOTBALL!

Hey yall, I don't know if you noticed or not, but it's FRIDAY!!!!  We made it!  I swear this has been the longest week and I think the entire city is celebrating because:

1. It's Friday, duh.
2. It's the Friday before a long weekend.
3. College football finally kicks into high gear.

All good reasons to celebrate.  Also all very legitimate ways that your nutrition and training plans can get off-kilter if you're not paying attention.  Please please please do me a favor this weekend and

treat yourself right, yo.

Remember, a cheat day only cheats you!  If you plan to tailgate, pack an ice chest of clean eats to munch on in between the occassional chicken wing or bratwurst or burger.  Drink a bottle of water in between each beer to stay full but keep the calories at bay.  And just for good measure, get out there early and run a few miles, take a spinning class, do Zumba, do SOMETHING to kick your metabolism in the rear and off-set some of that game food!  ESPN College GameDay doesn't start until 9:00 am.  You can burn a crapload of calories before then.

Have a great weekend, everyone, and stay healthy!  Remember, you want to still fit into your favorite team shirt by the end of the season!

Good day!

4 comments:

'Drea said...

I have to confess that I'm not much of a college football fan. I do have a Marshall Faulk jersey that no longer fits because it's too big. Sweet!

Healthy Heather said...

Hey, that counts! :) You can cheer for loose football jerseys instead. :)

David said...

You know I'm going to have to make a comment on a post about college football (yes, even MONTHS afer the original!) --- but what cracked me up most about your post, is that the picture you imbedded in your post is of a Netherlands soccer fan! We're going to have to get you in some green & yellow --- and teach you about REAL college football.

Healthy Heather said...

Ha! I probably just googled "crazy looking fan" and took whichever picture I liked the most. I guess my next football related post will need a big yellow and green O