Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Eat Simple Challenge: Day Two

A weekend at the beach.
Parents in town.
Father's Day.
My birthday (woot).
Two restaurant lunches for work.
In-laws in town.

Those are all opportunities for nutritional haywire, and that's just June!  Next month there's the 4th of July picnics, a work trip out of town, and vacation!  Egads, it's worse than the holidays! Needless to say, I've been making a plan for eating clean and healthy despite all of these distractions!

Okay, it's Day Two of the Eat Simple Challenge! How is it going? Here's my list of packages I opened yesterday.

Toufayan Low-Carb Wrap (twice)
Arnold's 100% Whole Grain Bread
Chobani Low-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
A gallon of milk
Publix Greenwise Vanilla Protein Powder

Not too bad! Technically, I could make my own bread and yogurt. I have a breadmaker and a yogurt maker and both are easy to make. So there are a couple of candidates for package elimination right there.

On to Day Two: more data collection. As you record your packaged foods today, think about possible alternatives to what you've opened. Be creative!

And get out there and get healthy! 

No comments: