Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Living Room Workouts With Roger

I used to workout at the gym, in bright lights with loud music and people talking and laughing (okay, maybe not laughing) around me, and with access to almost any machine, tool, or doohickey that I wanted to use to fashion the best 60 minutes of exercise that I could. With a baby in the house and my early morning hours house-bound, those days are over. Instead, I'm in my living room with Comcast On Demand, working out in the mid-dark with the volume on practically silent, with whatever pitiful dumbbells I've managed to cram into my coffee table/ottoman/toy storage container. 


Weights, blocks, and Risk. It's how we roll.


I get through my 30 or 45 minutes, depending on whether the baby wakes up, and then make my coffee, standing sweaty in my kitchen, panting and drinking water. They're not the intense training sessions I used to enjoy, but we'll get to those again soon. For now, this is a pretty good deal.


Comcast On Demand has a whole slew of workouts, which you probably already knew but I am just now finding out about. My favorites are the 10-minute ones by Roger Dickerman

They're challenging and creative, and I usually supplement them with some of my own work. He makes me do burpees, which I hate but do anyway, and by the end of three or so of his little workouts, I feel like I've done a body good. Then I move on to some Pilates and if I'm lucky, a cup of coffee before everyone wakes up and starts bossing me around.


Someday I'll get back to the gym but for now, this is working great! I've lost two more pounds and when I tried on my shorts this morning it was nice to see a light at the end of the post-baby weight loss tunnel. Just about 10 pounds of baby flab to burn off and I'm ready for the beach! Well, maybe the park and a kid's birthday party.


Exercise is flexible like that - find 10 minutes here and there (about six batches of 10 minutes, that is) and you really can improve your fitness. Or, cram them all together like I do and take your chances when you can!  Either way, Comcast's On Demand workouts are a great way to get out there and get healthy.

4 comments:

whozanne said...

There's also an abundance of short workouts on youtube, handily available on my tv through my husband's xbox. I knew I'd find a use for that thing eventually!

Healthy Heather said...

Ha ha! I know, what used to be my husband's domain has suddenly become more attractive to me now that we get Netflix though the Xbox. I don't think it's working out quite as he imagined it would.:)

Anonymous said...

Great weblog here! Also your site a lot up fast! What web host are you the usage of? Can I am getting your associate hyperlink in your host? I wish my site loaded up as fast as yours lol
1/2 Dozen (6 PAK) Duke 1 Coil Spring Double Jaw Trap for Mink, Muskrat, Raccoon

Anonymous said...

I am on the search for Roger's complete body workout. It's like 14 mins long and used to be on Comcast on demand. I had it saved as it was my favorite and now it's gone. I've looked all over for it. Wish I could get him to respond.