Thursday, December 15, 2011

Let me tell you 'bout my bessst friend...

This is my water bottle. Or, during the holidays, my best friend. It goes everywhere with me. It's quite banged up, scratched, dented, and generally covered in battle scars because, well, we've been through a lot together. Pancake breakfasts, cookie exchanges, office parties, bar-b-ques, and yep even a few cocktail parties (I'm not afraid to be tacky in the name of health). We're so close and such good pals that I've come to rely on it through thick and thin to keep me from getting too thick and help me get (and stay) thin.


Would you like some hot chocolate with whipped cream and a shot of irish? Water to the rescue!


A plate full of cookies? No, I can't eat and hold a plate AND my water bottle at the same time!


Just a few bites of these delicious {insert food here} that so-and-so only makes for Christmas so you better eat a whole bunch right now? Nah, maybe next year. I've got my water.


Okay I know water isn't much of a match for hot chocolate and cookies, but I can guarantee that getting the car afterwards feeling fresh, healthy, vibrant, and filled with the goodwill of time spent with friends (and not stuffing your face) is. Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels. Nothing. I promise you 150%.


As a recovering candyholic, this is a rough time of year for me. Sometimes those #$*%ing little Hershey kisses still call to me, paying me compliments and making all sorts of promises I know they won't keep. But I've been fit and I've been fat. Fit is better, and if something as simple as keeping my water bottle nearby helps me remember that, then hand me a roll of velcro and strap that sucker to my hand!


When you encounter holiday parties over the next couple weeks, tote along a friend. A visual (and physical) reminder can go a long way towards making sure that you remember how you want to feel in January.


Now get out there and get healthy!



No comments: