Saturday, December 17, 2011

Healthy Stocking Stuffers (and what I want Santa to bring me)

$29.95 at www.Signals.com
I drink about a gallon of water a day, and I love to add lemon, cucumber, mint, and ginger to it. You might know that recipe as Sassy Water from the Flat-Abs Diet. It really does wonders for bloating and water weight, plus it tastes really good! But, I get sick of steeping everything in cheesecloth so I only make it about once a week. 


Then this week, I stumbled across this awesome fruit-infusion pitcher!  I rarely buy anything for myself but I might have to cave on this little dandy. So, you know, if you haven't bought anything for me yet.... :)


Which brings me to the ultimate of last-minute shopping tasks: stocking stuffers, AKA stuff you get in the checkout lane because it's only a dollar and who doesn't love Santa-shaped Pez dispensers? Unless you're like my dad, who just saves up all of the post-it notes, lint removers, teeny tiny flashlights, and coin holders he picks up at random trade shows throughout the year, you might want to check out these healthy stocking stuffer ideas (and dad, if you're reading this, I do need some post-its).


Lemons. Yes I got fruit in my stocking as a kid and yes I thought it was lame. But now I know the incredible healing power of fruit so I would actually be excited about this. And hey, they're great for the fruit infusion pitcher!


Pedometer. If someone on your list is resolving to be more active in 2012, this just might shame them into actually doing it. I have this one from Omron and it's pretty cool (translation: easy for tech dummies like me to figure out).


Groove by Water.org
Water Bottle. I love a good water bottle and have the kitchen cabinet to prove it.  There are all sorts of fancy water bottles out there that measure how much you've consumed, claim to be green, or have brand names slapped on them, and that's cool too. This one helps you feel good about yourself when you buy it, but mostly, it just needs to hold water and be nearby.




Daily Inspiration to stay healthy. And, what do you know, I just happened to have finished the Healthiest Year Ever 2012 Wall Calendar. How convenient!


That's it. I mean, seriously, how much can you cram in a stocking anyway? I hope you're having a wonderful holiday and keeping it healthy. If you need help, check out my Healthy Holiday Headquarters for tips and tricks. And as always, get out there and get healthy!

No comments: