wam, handcuffed, from Alcatraz to Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco, CA. Towed 10 boats in North Miami, Florida filled with 77 people for over a mile in less than 1 hour. Seriously people, that's crazy! But he did them, and he did it because he believed he could and he trained himself to be able to. You can do crazy stuff too.
I love catchy little sayings, and Jack LaLanne was full of them. Some of the quips we say and hear every day are attributed to him, and show the positive, no-nonsense approach he took to being healthy. Some of my favorites:
- Anything in life is possible and you can make it happen.
- Your waistline is your lifeline.
- Exercise is King, nutrition is Queen, put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.
- People don’t die of old age, they die of inactivity.
- First we inspire them, then we perspire them.
- If man makes it, don’t eat it.
- It’s not what you do some of the time that counts, it’s what you do all of the time that counts.
- Eat right and you can’t go wrong.
4. Eat clean. Just eat clean! I like to say that you can't out-train a bad diet, and I think that Jack would totally high-five me on that one. I can't say it enough: stop eating junk. Please, seriously, it is by far the most important thing you can do TODAY for your health.
Take a lesson from the original - pick your favorite and apply it to your life today. Like, now. :)