Saturday, December 22, 2012

The 12 Days of Fitness: Healthy and Fun Kids Activity

My son came home from school this week and told me that in PE, they did the 12 Days of Fitness. Oh realllly? Do tell, young lad! I got so tickled seeing him try to recreate the song and he was definitely getting his heart rate up! I love this idea - try it with your kids, your friends, your walking group, or just by yourself. :)

*ahem* All together now:
  • On the first day of fitness, my teacher gave to me: 1 snowman standing on a hill (balance on one leg)
  • On the second day of fitness, my teacher gave to me: 2 snow angels (jumping jack) and 1 snowman standing on a hill...
  • On the third day of fitness, my teacher gave to me: 3 arm circles…you know the rest
  • On the fourth day of fitness, my teacher gave to me: 4 toe touches…
  • On the fifth day of fitness, my teacher gave to me: 5 big lunges…
  • On the sixth day of fitness, my teacher gave to me: 6 torso twisters…
  • On the seventh day of fitness, my teacher gave to me: 7 windmills…
  • On the eighth day of fitness, my teacher gave to me: 8 legs a’lifting…
  • On the ninth day of fitness, my teacher gave to me: 9 hops forward
  • On the tenth day of fitness, my teacher gave to me: 10 arms a’swimming
  • On the eleventh day of fitness, my teacher gave to me: 11 bicycle pedals
  • On the twelfth day of fitness, my teacher gave to me: 12 stomach crunches, 11 bicycle pedals, 10 arms a’swimming, 9 hops forward, 8 legs a’lifting, 7 windmills, and 6 torso twisters…. and a snowman standing on a hill. 

Get out there and get healthy today - lead everyone in a rousing chorus of the 12 Days of Fitness!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Merry Christmas, Heather!

Wishing you and your family health and happiness in the new year.

Best,