- Four cups total of nuts of your choice. I used raw natural almonds, walnuts, and pecans.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp each of cinnamon, ginger, cayanne pepper, and salt. You may want more or less of these depending on your tastes.
1. Preheat oven to 325 Farenheit
2. Mix the nuts with the spices and seasonings.
3. Pour the honey over the mixture and stir it all up.
4. Spread it on a greased cookie sheet in one layer.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes, checking a few times to stir them around.
The honey will melt all over and make an enormous mess, so be prepared for that. Once you take them out of the oven, let them cool before messing with them. But not too long, or it will all stick to your cookie sheet like mine did and you'll spend 45 minutes with a spatula trying to get them off (and eating the pieces that are not pretty enough to give as a gift)!
The nuts will be sticky, but they are really good and I was very glad to get them out of my house and into the hands of someone else. :)
Get out there and get healthy today, even if you decide to keep these for yourself. :)