Friday, March 2, 2012

9 months to take it off? Phsaw.

Okay, I'm pumped. I was just looking back through some pictures, getting all nostalgic for the days when I got to sleep all night long, and came across this pic of me right before the baby was born. I was buying the running shoes that I'd train in for the Mardi Gras Half Marathon, which I'll run on Sunday.




I remember that shirt. It was one of the only ones that would fit me! LOL


Today, I am packing and ready to head to my hometown to run with my brother and sister. Even though I already ran one half marathon last month, this one means a lot because it's the one I trained for with GetFitPod. I owe a huge thanks to Skip Orem and Coach Jonathan for inspiring (and asking) me to be the site's first GFP Hero and blog about my training! It really motivated me to get moving, lose the baby weight, and get back into racing form.


This is me today!




Yes I am in my bathroom. Isn't that where everyone goes to take camera pictures of themselves? :)


People say "nine months to put the weight on, nine months to take it off," but to those people I say WHATEV. Sure I've been working my tail off but four months after c-section I am back in gear and ready to roll.


How? Simple: clean eating and daily vigorous exercise. You can do it too! Get out there and get healthy today, even if you need a 13.1 mile carrot to do it!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look awesome! I'm beginning to think you are wearing a SuperWoman constume under that pretty pink shirt. :) Have a great race! Carole

Debra said...

You go girl! You look great and I wish you the best for the 1/2'er this weekend. Have fun chasing your brother and sister :) deb

Ellen said...

Heather,

Not that I'm surprised, but you look FAB-U-LOUS!

Have fun at your half marathon with your family.

Best,
Ellen

Michelle said...

You are amazing and it shows!

Healthy Heather said...

Thank you everyone! Seeing the picture makes me realize how far I have really come. It's taken dedication and discipline, but the rewards are so great that it feels more like a privilege than a chore. I'm not just saying that, it's true! :)