Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Mardi Gras!

It's Mardi Gras!  I love this season, it is so full of life and fun and always reminds me of home and my family.  And the food.  The food...yeah, not the healthiest.  I have yet to actually travel home to Louisiana and last longer than three days of healthy eating before I totally cave and give in to the delicious food found at every turn.  Luckily my brother and sister are usually up for a run to burn off the calories or I would be in trouble!

But, you know I believe that any food can be "healthified." 

well, the jury is out on biegnets...

So, I set out to healthify some of my local favorites. I brought a homemade, whole wheat, low-sugar king cake to some hungry preschool teachers this morning...which I guess makes me a feeder now.  They seemed to be okay with it.

Check out my recipes here...and share yours, please, as well!

Laissez les bons temps roulez!

3 comments:

Clay and Megan said...

Love the king cake recipe! Thanks for that! And kudos to you for working towards a healthy Mardi Gras season. That is no small challenge! Keep it up! Megan

Kerrie said...

Okay, can I say how awesome it is to see my wonderful cousins posting on here! How great when you can introduce one amazing person (or persons) to another!

Healthy Heather said...

Thank you for the great comment, Clay and Megan, and thanks Kerrie for connecting us all! I've enjoyed reading about your adventures, too.

Hope you had a great (healthy) Mardi Gras!