Monday, August 22, 2011

Pregnancy Fitness: It's happening here!


I'm baaaaack! The little smiley face stickers are lining up on my calendar because I am back in the swing of things at the gym and seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.  I'm really looking forward to post-baby fitness, and instead of longing for the workouts I can't have right now, I'm appreciating the good health I have and anticipating the fun I will have later when I can seriously hit the weights again.

It feels good to be back.

Last week, after an upper body strength workout, I was caught off-guard by soreness in my pectorals. But you couldn't wipe the smile off my face when I realized it was from my workout. I'm back, baby!

What's really hit me this week is that I'm doing it. For weeks I have feared that the healthy pregnancy I had so much wanted was slipping away from me. But, as I see my healthy and strong self in the mirror I am realizing that I was completely wrong about that. I am almost giddy over it. I am doing it. I am having that healthy, fit pregnancy I always dreamed of!  And, that means that I will also bounce back higher than ever.  

So, yeah, there was a little twinge of yearning when my gym buddy was curling 25 lbs and I was with my little 15 pounders. But, it's good to have something to look forward to.

I have roughly eight weeks left, and I'm glad to be back in the gym. But, while I am relishing the workouts and embracing every day, I'm also looking to the future. This week, I'll be focusing on something really fun that I hope you can also get into: creating a vision board for the months following my baby's birth. We'll go over how to vision, we'll create some good goals, and best of all, we get to daydream. 

I hope you're having a healthy day, and if you haven't already, get out there and get healthy!

No comments: