Egg scramble, oatmeal with raisins, and coffee. Perfect!
But what I love the most about my breakfast is how easy it is to make every day. That's because I make it in advance and stash it in the fridge. Preparing meals ahead of time is one proven way to succeed in weight loss and management. Not only are you organized and, well, prepared, you're much less likely to detour off your path when your healthy food is sitting right there staring at you.
So here's my uber-simple Egg Scramble recipe. It's evolved over time and become even more simple as I have become even more busy. Translation: it's not gourmet. It's food.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg
- splash of milk
- 10 grams feta cheese
- some chopped onion
- some chopped tomato
- a handful of spinach
- salt and pepper
Here's what I do:
|They're all cooked up|
and ready for morning!
2. Spray a little olive oil in the bottom to keep them from sticking.
3. Place each dish on your digital scale and put in 10 grams of feta cheese. Add your splash of milk.
4. Add the eggs, onion, and tomato.
5. Add your salt and pepper to taste.
6. Mix it all up.
7. Put in the spinach, mix it up a little more.
8. Pop 'em in the oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Take 'em out and once cool, put the lids on and stick them in the fridge.
9. Bonus: get a bowl and put in 10 grams of raisins, 40 grams of plain old-fashioned oatmeal, and a dash of cinnamon. Viola. Now your oatmeal is ready too. Just add 3/4 cup of water in the morning and microwave for deliciousness.
I have this every single day for breakfast. I mean every day. It is that good. And, I eat like a robot most of the time because it's easier and I'm too busy to come up with fancier stuff to eat.
Get out there and get healthy today...in advance. :)