Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Back Among the Living!

So things are finally starting to get back to normal.  I went to the gym yesterday and did a righteous upper-body workout that my GoWearFit loved (one great thing about my trainer is that he keeps me MOVING during weights! Love that!), did some cardio on the elliptical, and then proceeded to sleep for 14 hours.  It was really nice, and I needed it.

Then today I got up and ran three miles, which felt nice.  I'm still kind of sinus-y but whaddya gonna do?  Sinuses happen, folks.  And they will not be ignored.

My biggest focus right now, wellness-wise, is nutrition.  I've been craving leafy greens lately, so I'm stocking up on spinach and I may try making some kale chips some upcoming weekend.  I'm also cooking up some vegetable soup and incorporating more peppers into my diet. I just love how I feel when I am fueled with clean, fresh, natural veggies.  Nothing beats it!

Otherwise, just training. I want to enjoy the holidays (OMG is it already the holidays?!?) stress-free and in a healthy, fit, sinus-infection-free body.  For that to happen I need to get some rest, keep a balanced and sane training schedule, and eat clean, yo.  I've got a couple of races over the next two months that will be fun, no real challenges or anything monumental.  And just FYI in case you know me in real life, I will also be very non-committal when it comes to doing things for you. 

It's not you, it's me. 

The rest of the year is about getting back to my set point and just enjoying life there for a while.  Won't you join me? :)

And hey, check it out!  I'm a featured blogger over at The Gracious Pantry!  Thanks Tiffany for linking to me; I am loving all of your new fall recipes!

Good day all, be healthy!

No comments: